Tuesday 10 August 2010

Paint your own background

Hello everyone :)
A while ago I came across THIS fabulous layout on UK Scrappers called New Love by Taniwha. I loved the painted circles of the background and had to have a go using Distress inks.

Using a pencil I drew a rough circle around my photos, removed the photos and added a little more detail to the shape of the circle. I wanted some depth to my painting so I used a lot of paint to paint  the outline of the shapes, then filled in with varying shades of the same colour (vintage photo). Using a larger brush I added the blue (faded jeans) around the brown circle. Once dry I added some detail dots.

When everything was dry I added the photos, torn DP (Prima Love Letter), flowers, pins, and chipboard shapes.
The Chipboard shapes were painted with Ranger Crackle paint (Vintage photo) and inked with a vintage photo distress ink pad when it was dry.

Having now got the bug for painting backgrounds I grabbed a large flat brush some Adirondack color wash ink (Denim) and some Distress ink refill (faded jeans) and painted straight across some 12x12 white Bazzill CS.
With a photo and some embellishments I got this result....
 American Crafts Thickers, a C4E Bingo card, some twill ribbon and a couple of square glass beads from my bits & bobs draw were all I used to complete this layout.

Go on, grab your paint brush and have a go :)
Have fun!
Michele :)

1 comment:

  1. O.M.G.!!!!Awesome.keeleyxx PS will send you private email ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails