Saturday 24 September 2011

A Stitch in Time


 Hello Everyone :)
This month's feature kit is now available Here.
It features fabulous papers from the My minds Eye lost and found 2 collection.
These beautiful papers inspired my creation of 'A stitch in Time'. The layout, tells the story of how my
great grand father bought my mum's first ever sewing machine. In later years, my grand father bought my first sewing machine, oh how history repeats itself.


In this picture, I have used Crate Paper Toybox Alphas  teamed with American Crafts Glitter Thickers for my titles which I have separated across the page.
I have used hand cut flags as accents with lots of Gold Stickles.



I wanted  to keep the fabulous design of the paper a focus, therefore, I clustered my photo, title and embellishments to an open space one side. This left an empty corner at the top right hand side of the page, which was the perfect place to add a pennant flag and die cut sewing bobbin.
( Tim holtz Sizzix die-sewing room)







                                             
The canvas dressform was inked with Rangers Vintage Photo distress ink. Once dry, I stamped again with Vintage Photo and Tim Holtz Harlequin stamp, finishing off with Gold Stickles.



                            The 'A stitch in Time' kit is now available from C4E store.
It comes with full instructions for you to create your own 'stitch in time'.
To complete the layout as shown you will need a few additional supplies : 
                            Vintage Photo Distress ink and ink pad
                             Stamps - Tim Holtz Harlequin and Maya road English Ruler
                             Gold Stickles
                             Circle punches
                             Alphas


A piece of craft paper inspired me in this project, it invoked a memory that was special to me. I have shared that memory with you, now its your turn. What has inspired you? What did you create with that inspiration? All your stories in themselves become the inspiration for future projects, so please share them. I look forward to hearing from you.    
Have fun creating. 
Michele :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails